Hello there!

We are two students from Viby Gymnasium who are going to visit California for one week. At first we are staying at a hostel called Adelaide Hostel in San Francisco and afterwards we are going to be hosted by a student and her family and attend their everyday life. We are looking so much forward to the whole thing and we hope you will enjoy following our trip and our experinces!

Love Kristina and Pernille

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

First day of school!

Today (thuesday) was our first day of school and first day of really experiencing the everyday life of the Americans. Cereals was eaten in the doorway just like back home so the morning rutine wasn't really that different. Except they eat Fruit Loops... I haven't tried it yet, but soon I will, because it is very american, they say.. 


Getting to school happened by car (of cause, it is California - duh!). Everyone overhere has a car and it is not unlikely to have six cars in your garage. Maybe I should just move to this place?

At the school all the people were so sweet and accomodating! Everyone asking me all those questions and wanting to hear everything about me, our country, the trip, our school, the school system and I think I might answered the same questions 30 times during today! But it was so much fun and I had the greatest time attending all Kailin's classes. It was really funny just to observe how the american students go to school and how a regular school day for them is like.

Kailin's latin class

Some of Kailin's best friends
After school Kailin's mom drove Rikke, Arne and I to the community pool where we stayed for a couple hours while our hosts did their homeworks and daily sports. 

The community pool
Some people actually still have an ordinay school day to run - even though that was hard to believe laying there grilling in the 27 degrees sun! 

But first, let me take a selfie
The sun was still high at 7 pm when Kailin's mom picked us up again and then the three of us went seperately. For dinner Kailin's dad had cooked the most delicious meal ever! How could he know that I was that much into a good steak? At any rate it was exquisite!
When finishing dinner Kailin, her little sister and I put on nailpolish and just sat and talked in the kitchen together with the whole family. We had a really great time and it was really cozy and relaxing!

Right now I am sitting in my bed and I am so exhausted. The time is 23.45 over here right now and back home with you guys it is 08.45 so most of you have just been to school for 45 minutes, while I have been writing on the blog in my bed, because I couldn't sleep due to the warmth.

I hope you all will have a great day. I will go to sleep now. Peace out and stay strong! 

- Pernille


No comments:

Post a Comment