Hello there!

We are two students from Viby Gymnasium who are going to visit California for one week. At first we are staying at a hostel called Adelaide Hostel in San Francisco and afterwards we are going to be hosted by a student and her family and attend their everyday life. We are looking so much forward to the whole thing and we hope you will enjoy following our trip and our experinces!

Love Kristina and Pernille

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Meeting my host!

Yesterday evening (monday) we met with our hosts at the put lock at Menlo-Atherton Highscool. At first we had dinner with all the other students and afterwards we went home by them. My host is called Kailin and she is amazing. I must say I was nervous about meeting her and her family but then I figured there was absolutely no reason for that! 


Me with Kailin and her little sister 

A part of their living room
Their kitchen

When we got home she showed me her house and I was absolutely overwhelmed. It is so cool! And they have like the coolest Porsche in their garage. At 9 pm it was still warm and pleasant outside so we just sat out there and talked for hours. They have this fireplace by their sofa arrangement which I keep thinking is the coolest thing ever. 



It is a big rectangle filled with crystals and when you turn on the gas and throw in a match, the fire comes up from underneath the crystals! Amazingly beautiful. I haven't got a picture of it yet, but I will!

After sitting out there talking about everything and nothing I went to bed in the most lovely guest room or almost guest house. 



Putting on nailpolish



I was very thrilled that they are so kind and accomodating and I went to bed only looking forward to spending the rest of my trip to California in the company of The Ambwanis!








Oh well, I just love them already

- Pernille

No comments:

Post a Comment